Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Hyperjag3 posted a message about Re: some clarification....youve got it all wrong nate in reply to Re: some clarification....youve got it all wrong nate

> thanks, but my question remains. somebody please explain.

> sure I know how to edit mirage tanks and the like, but...

> 1) my game freezes when I try to attack with the mirage tank who has a hornetlauncher... BUT this is not an immediate problem of mine! I am simply saying... I dont think it's that simple. the next one is a major issue.

> 2) unless i am mistaken, Red Alert 2 cannot be played online with edited units.. or rather, units that differ from the ones on another person's machine.

> To make my units work in a multiplayer online game, I transferred my RA2.csf and the like to my friend's computer, then we had our game. this was done by floppy disk... not the red alert 2 auto transfer.

> but i HAVE played a game where things were edited (in the map I played, the paris tower was buildable, 1$, shooting a tesla bolt, plenty of armor). like i said before. and it WAS automatically transferred.

> once again.
> If TibEd is used to edit units, and people try to join my game, they get the message that they do not have the correct version. of course this is due to different ini files and that.

> BUT I have had a map transferred to me automatically and everything were buildable and I did not get the incorrect version message.

> SO! I am led to the conclusion that maps have a relation with what is buidable and the price, and even the ability of certain units. once again... please explain..

> Maybe I should learn to use a map editor then? I have final alert 2. I think i'll swing by the forums of that if there are any.

> Nate: Yeah, I know about that. and the stolen tech thing.
> but it doesnt help because if i edited with tibed I would have to transfer all the files and not JUST the map.

> Stinger: thanks for the tip on buildings and cash.. it's helped.

> DOES ANYBODY KNOW??

YES, I KNOW!! He he. You can make "mod maps" which have rules.ini and such in them, thus through the auto transfer you recive the .ini's.

Hope this helped,

Hyperjag3

SubjectNameDate
Re: some clarification....youve got it all wrong nateStinger05:30 03-05-2002
    Re: some clarification....youve got it all wrong natepinkparis23:16 03-05-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions