Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Help with building a volcano in reply to Help with building a volcano

> I need some help with particle animations. I am trying to make a volcano in my map, that has smoke all over it and every 5 or so mins it erupts and has a nuke mushroom cloud as the eruption and misc explosions on the mountain. I figured out the smoke, but I can’t seem to figure out a nuke explosion or misc explosions, with out the nuke. Also, how could I set the timer to go off every 5 mins? What about some fire, like when the initaites shoot, how could I make an animation like that? Some other things I’d like to do would be: Make random explosions around the make that can kill units, which don’t necessary need to be random. I could set up way points, but my question here is what type of explosion would be best for something like that, with no mushroom cloud, but if a tank is on top of or near the waypoint, it will kill the tank/unit. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Well you could give it a Demobomb like weapon just remove the explosion animation. Or use the art from the Initiate`s
warhead. Or mess with the triggers to set the weapon to fire on the waypoint dezired. To do this load up finalert. click on new trigger. under trigger options click type and change it to repeat. Change it to a neutal country. go to events and add a new event. then add even type to number 13. In the parameter set it to 500. now go to actions and add a new one. in action types click on number 95 (nuke strike for now). and finally in the parameter put the waypoint in which it will hit. now save map. a nuke should go off every 500 secs. of game time.

-Stinger- “In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.”

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions