Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: program crash in reply to Re: program crash

> > > It seems that since I rebooted my computer from a crash and redownloaded your editor I can't get it too put my changes intoo the game with out it crashing the game? I'm not doing anything different since before the reboot. I made sure that it was a clean reboot as I went back to factory settings and then reinstalled everything and even uninstalled and then redownloaded the newest version and it still happened. Thanks for the help and I think it,s a good editor if you could just figure out how to enable the anamations file.

> > Try removing your changes from the game first: select File->Remove changes from game. Now, make sure the following files are no longer in the Red Alert 2 folder:
> > Rules.ini, Art.ini, Sound.ini, RA2.CSF, EXPAND50.MIX, ECACHE5.MIX. They are all created by TibEd and you can safely delete them.
> > With this clean game, see if the game works again. If it does, try editing again. Let me know how this turns out.

> I did all that and started editing again and it worked fine so I contunied with the edit and then it crashed again when I looked in my RA2 folder i found 2 RA2.ini files. I'm woundering if that is right.

Well, TibEd doesn't touch RA2.ini files. I'm guessing they're called RA2.INI and RA2MD.INI. Both are created by RA2 (one by Yuri's Revenge).
Did you continue with your changes or did you create new ones? Because it could be a problem with your changes too.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

SubjectNameDate
Re: program crashoutlaw35723:26 23-10-2001
    Re: program crashJack18:51 25-10-2001
        Re: program crashKoen van de Sande21:40 25-10-2001

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions