Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: One map in Tiberian Sun... in reply to Re: One map in Tiberian Sun...

> > > how do you edit the rules on one map in Tiberian Sun? 'cause if you edit your rules.ini, it will be considered a trainer, and i cant use the maps online.
> > > Ex for my Question: Make powerplant $100 instead of $300.
> > > i tried to open my map file through TibEd, but when i am done editing it through there, it wont show up as a map in tibsun, i am really confused, can anyone help me?

> > If the other person has the same ini.rules as you then you both can play any map with those rules. I dont know much about TS maps if you can add rule changes to them. I know in Finalert2 (for RA2/YR) you can make modded maps and they can transfer to others online with your changes.

> ya, but how am i going to get everyone to have the same settings? thats not going to work. Does anyone play Firestorm Online? they may know what i am talking about.
> anyone else know?
You can create a 'mod map' if you make some changes (in an empty project), and then select "Save changes to map" from the File menu. Please backup your map first, because changes cannot be removed from a map!
If you send this map file to everyone, they will all have the changes and you can play it online. Note that you can't use it in QuickMatch, etc, and that not all changes will work in maps.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions

TibEd.Net

SubjectNameDate
Re: One map in Tiberian Sun...Paul00:57 01-12-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions