Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Nino posted a message about Re: Questions about TS in reply to Re: Questions about TS

> > > > > > > Hi,

> > > > > > > Somewhat of a newbie to TS. Give some of you guys a chance to show off with
> > > > > > > the answers (hopefully) to these questions. I've been meddling with my rules.ini and
> > > > > > > have applied the latest patch, but am nowhere near as good at mods as youse guys.

> > > > > > > 1. What do I need to do to select who I fight against in skirmish mode - I need some experience
> > > > > > > fighting NOD, but every time I play skirmish I'm fighting GDI (I'm starting, obviously, as GDI).

> > > > > > - There is an option in the skirmish menu that allows you to select between GDI and Nod. Click where you see GDI and the Nod option will appear.

> > > > > > > 2. Where are and how do I ally with the Forgotten people (in skirmish)? I noticed a character called
> > > > > > > "assassin" hanging around in my last skirmish mode - tried to ally with him, but no go.

> > > > > > - You can't ally them...

> > > > > > > I understand that characters like the ghost stalker is a forgotten people (and I can create one-
> > > > > > > at-a-time) but will I get a chance to hook up with other f.p. eventually? Umagon, for example.

> > > > > > - Only modding.

> > > > > > > 3. What's the story with those yellow fields of tiberium(?) and the gaping, active "hole" thing?

> > > > > > - Oh.. you mean those orange veins that eat buildings and vehicles?

> > > > > > > 4. Can't delete waypoints and have applied the patch. Is this a known bug? (and, yes, I
> > > > > > > reassigned a keyboard shortcut for this and still no go).

> > > > > > - Click them and press delete.

> > > > > > > 5. Will concrete walls stop this crazy sumbitch "hunter-seeker" droid?

> > > > > > - No. It sucks and nothing stops it, unless you mod it.

> > > > > > > 6. Any mod to play in "free for all" mode in a skirmish game. Looks like it defaults to "all units kick
> > > > > > > human player ass" when playing with more than 2 players.

> > > > > > - Select Paranoid=no in the rules.ini file

> > > > > > > 7. The only way to get extra "cash" in this game is to capture enemy building with engineer and sell -
> > > > > > > correct? There are no items like oil derricks, etc. - right?

> > > > > > - no.

> > > > > > > 8. Where can I find a complete list (and order of release) of C&C games? Westwood site does
> > > > > > > not show all of them nor does the EA site (I know there's a TS Firestorm because I've seen
> > > > > > > strategy guides - don't see game at either site).

> > > > > > - Firestorm is the official expansion set from Tiberian Sun. I forgot the link of the site... really... But go in the C&C area of Westwood's site and you gonna find more info there. In last case, try in the site map.

> > > > > > > T'anks for whatever you can tell me.

> > > > > > > Cujoe

> > > > > > - You're welcome.

> > > > > T'anks again, Banshee.
> > > > > But, re: 1st question: the dropdown list in skirmish allows
> > > > > you to choose which side to play as - not fight against. I
> > > > > wonder if there's a mod to set up who you play against.

> > > > - Oh! Sorry, lack of attention here. No you just can't select your enemy. It's a pitty, fixed in RA2...

> > > > And
> > > > > also, maybe, set the AI level for each enemy.

> > > > - No again, only on RA2 or better game.

> > > > > As for deleting waypoints - I simply am unable to. Tried
> > > > > delete key; changed keyboard shortcut to something else;
> > > > > still couldn't do it.

> > > > - The manual says that you should take the waypoint just like you would move it, but instead of moving it, you press the "-" key from your keyboard, not the delete (I'm sorry for that).

> > > I'm about Question 3.... take a look.
> > > > > Cujoe

> > From a comet that hit the earth in the first C@C. The Tiberium for some unknown reason spreads on the land and destroys any source of soil it grows from.
> > Tiberium vein holes, which are are form of mutated Tiberium, sprout and damage any structure, unit, or vehicles which are not immune from its havoc.

> Don't forget that the "weed" that comes off veinholes are used for chem. missiles!

well err... I'm not very well known to TS, the only thing I DO know is that a firestorm wall can stop a hunterseeker, so if you want a wall to stop them, check out the properties of the firestorm

I like Tibed, RA2, Yuri's revenge and applepie!

Project Entertainment main site

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions