Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: A couple of TS editing questions in reply to A couple of TS editing questions

> Hey everyone,
> I used to edit TS a while back using SE2K. Now I use Tibed, but have a couple of questions on how they compare:

> 1) When using SE2K there were options to run TS in higher resolutions than the supported ones (upto about 1600x1200 I think), can I do this in Tibed or via an ini file?
It's in Sun.INI in your TS folder. You should be able to find it easily there. Just don't corrupt that file, as the game requires it to be correct.
> 2) There was a glitch in the GDI skirmish AI, whenever I edited too many attributes they'd just go mad building component towers without tops. It was a well documented problem on the old SE2K forums, but nobody came up with any answers. All I could figure out was that it was something to do with the "walltower" entry. Has this happened to anyone using Tibed? If so is there a way to fix it?
Don't know. There is a different approach between SE2k and TibEd 1.0+. TibEd keeps the entire Rules.ini/Art.ini inside it's data file, while SE2k generates these files from it's internal settings if you save changes to game. Now, there is probably *something* wrong with that ini generation in SE2k; but I can't tell you what exactly.
As TibEd only changes what you change through the interface in the ini file (one change->changes a single line in the ini file), this probably doesn't happen with TibEd. But there are other problems that can occur with TibEd: the editing-related Internal Errors (which SE2k gives as well).

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions

TibEd.Net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions