Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Daniel posted a message about SUPERWEAPONS??? Well, to be honnest...

HI all! Sorry for losing your time but i have to share my insignificant opinion about the "Super" thing in Superweapons!
Well, it's about the Nuke... I hated Starcraft cause of that rediculous firework called Nuke which even the greatest moron can escape and now here in Red Alert is even worse!
The size that it covers is exactly the size of a soccer stadium (that way it looks) and it cannot destroy a tank if it explodes on it-and yet it looks so biiig and evil... but before being used...(one thinmg i must confess-the Blinding-light impression looks nice-the problem is with the spread and damage)
I used the editor and made the Spread from 10 to 20 and when i started a mission and tried to drop a NUKE it gave me the messsage "Game Internal Errror" just in the moment the enemy was supposed to melt and the game crushed... Then i changed the Strength of the conscript from 125 to 150 just to see if the trouble affects only the NUKE and again it crushed-this time before the game even started (same message)...
I have 2 questions:
How can i make a NUKE with aproxiamtely 5 times the spread and damage of this rediculous imitation that also destroys the neutral buildings if detonated in a city map??? What could be the reason for that hang up???????

And i Have one offer for everyone that wants to make such superweapons real-i have a movie with explosion of a REAL hidrogen bomb (10 Mtons,Paciffic Ocean MIllitary Project ),very good quallity! After seeing it try that one in the game-may be you'll laugh even longer than i did! :o))

Daniel

SubjectNameDate
Re: SUPERWEAPONS??? Well, to be honnest...Crimson18:40 19-05-2003
    Re: SUPERWEAPONS??? Well, to be honnest...Newmap920:43 19-05-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions