Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: tiberian sun units in ra2 in reply to tiberian sun units in ra2

> ok, i think that i have completely and utterly exahusted ways of making new units for Yuris Revenge without having to make my own art files (mind you, i have not the foggiest idea how to do such a thing). but then my mind thought back to the good old days of that awful grey/brown landscape that was tiberian sun *shudder*. but then my mind ALSO remembered how cool some of the units were in that game (mammoth MKII, ghoststalker, cyborgs etc.) so i dusted off my copy of Tiberian Sun and Firestorm and installed them to see if i could put any of those units into RA2 YR. i have managed to use some of the INI files to aid me in my cause, but so far, the closest thing i have to a ghost stalker is a floating health bar which shoots ghost stalker's rail gun . if anyone could be of assistance regarding this issue, it would be greatly appreciated, as RA2 is quickly losing its appeal. thanks alot!

For a new unit
[HMEC] ;enter unit's preffix here EX The mammoth tank
UIName=Name:HMEC;use theXCC Mixer to edit string table
Name=Mammoth Mk.II
Image=HMEC ;this is optional, this is also uneeded if the voxels file has the same name as ; ;the unit's preffix
Prerequisite=GAWEAP
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=2
Sight=8
Speed=9

And so on for the Stats

then for the art file add

[HMEC]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=HMECICON
AltCameo=HMECUICO
PrimaryFireFLH=150,0,100

Now that unit should be able to be built in RA2/YR.

Use any codename from TS for a new unit entry for this.

Infantry is different since they have been removed. But you could import them with the XCC mixer and then use them as well.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

Eagle Red: The ultimate unofficial expansion set for Red Alert 2

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions