Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: In reply to: paradroping tanks in reply to In reply to: paradroping tanks

> ok, a while ago someone posted something about paradroping tanks. the reply was that it couldnt be done. however, for those that have played the original RA2 soviet campagin, you will notice that in the level where you have to capture the allied battle lab near the world trade center, towards the end of the mission it says "allied armor battallion approaching. if you look around your map whilst this is hapening, you can see tanks parachuting out of planes. i dont know how you can do it, but it can be done (at least we hope so)

Simply make an AircraftType that can carry passengers and give it the ParaDropWeapon...it's very buggy, sometimes it works, sometimes not, but that's as close as you can get, I guess...

And actually you don't have to create SHP-Tanks; giving the ParaDropWeapon to a carryall has the same effect has above...even more reliable...it just looks kinda funny when the tank is on the ground...

You can do all this Paradrop-Tank-Stuff in maps called by triggers/scripts and stuff, without changing anything on the units. But you can't do it player-controlled for some reason...

These are quotes from people on how to do this. Knowing that paradroping units is sort of buggy. That map that has the Paradropped tanks could already have a converted SHP of the rhino tank. Just remember... You never have to take my word on modding.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

Eagle Red: The ultimate unofficial expansion set for Red Alert 2

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions