Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: instructions for use in reply to instructions for use

> OK here i sit with my new editor. I can figure out how to edit units but what if I want to add my own units. How do i open files from other mod packs. Questions, questions, questions, but no instructions on how to use the program. did someone forget to include them or are we all supposed to automatically know everything about the program. I would buy it but what am I supposed to do with it once I do. Again as I find everywhere on the net is the same problem, a few know but the many don't. Is your editor only meant for an elite few or do you really want to sell it.

Actually this program is good for those who are new to modding. You can edit many things with it and then save those changes to play. Tibed cant open any other mods or do a couple of other things since its only a unit editor. But once you get to know how to read codes and understand what your doing things go pretty quick then. If you want to go indepth in modding you will need to go beyond this program and start using WordPad files, XCC utilities and mod launchers for your own mods.
Your right there isn't much out there to tell you how or what to do. All who have wanted to rip apart the game`s engine started from nothing. But most of the basic rules in this program are self-explanatory. But Tibed and RA2 do have their limits for what they can offer. Every game does.
I know all of this chatter isn`t going to help out... I`ve been in your shoes before and had to pull teeth to find out what does what on my own.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

Eagle Red: The ultimate unofficial expansion set for Red Alert 2

SubjectNameDate
Re: instructions for useRaptor19:50 28-07-2003
    Re: instructions for useKoen van de Sande13:34 31-07-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions