Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: new unit voices in reply to Re: new unit voices

> I tried the XCC mixer, that is where I found the voices for the mission briefings from Eva and the Soviet commander, however, their are no voices for the in-game units in the language mix that I could find. I know they have to be in there somewhere, but I have searched every mix file in my RA2 folder and have yet to find the infantry and vehicle voices. Is it possible to edit them, I have not been able to find any info on this and I have checked with a huge number of websites trying to find info.

Try the XCC Sound Editor found the XCC Mixer menu. And the voices are located inside 'audio.bag' and audio.idx. They're all in that file, which you can edit with XCC Sound Editor.

> > > Hello again everyone. I was needing some help changing the voices for units in RA2. I looked in the sound.ini and found the names of the files I would like to change, but where are the actual sound files? all I found where the voices for eva and the soviet commander lady. Is there any way to add new voices to the in-game units? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

> > You should download XCC Mixer and open mix files that contains the voices

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions