Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: Runtime error 9 in Tibed in reply to Re: Runtime error 9 in Tibed

> 1. When I was trying to Import rules.ini or saving the Imported rules.ini, the above thing happend.

TibEd overloaded; there are too many changes in a file. Never happened to me, while I tried with some big mods. You're probably trying to import the rulesmd.ini (Yuri) into standard RA2 or the other way around. You can't do that.

> 2. Tibed 1.52 sometimes got confused from the file I have imported. eg, not showing structure properties at all

See above.

> 3. and please also tell me the significant differences between Rules.ini and RulesMD.ini, if there are any (structually)I know these is a new side and some new units.

Like above, these files are *not* compatible. Westwood added a lot of new keys to the Yuri Rules.ini and removed others. Furthermore, they removed some keys which were present in RA2.

> 4. Is it possible to transform the changes in Rule.ini into (Ie: the codes of a unit made by me)RulesMD.ini directly by using Tibed?

No. Current engine is unable to handle this feature, which I call 'templating'. This would be very handy, but TibEd can't handle it. Perhaps in TibEd 2?

> 5. Can Tibed inherit the new unit names,structure names made by me in either rules.ini or ruleMD.ini to Art.ini or ArtMD.ini respectively? furthur more, even to add the relevant Tabs respectively?
No. You should see RA2 and Yuri as 2 different games (believe me, they are, they even have their own exe's). The files they share are RA2.MIX and LANGUAGE.MIX, nothing more (perhaps a few minor).

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions