Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: is it possible to use TibEd with yuri AND deezire mod? in reply to is it possible to use TibEd with yuri AND deezire mod?

> Hi all. I am a novice at editing, but have grown tired of WW seemingly ignoring what my friends and I think is a bit unbalanced. Thus we want to edit our rule.ini settings to what we feel is fair. However, we really like the Deezire mod for both its AI and new features. If we can find a way to do it, we would like to use TibEd to do some rule tweaking but still keep Deezire/ Yuri's revenge.

> For instance, we would like to increase the range just a tad for the soviet siege chopper. However, we dont want to give up Deezire AI for coop LAN games, nor lose things like the attack while moving option. Is there a way to use TibEd, Yuri, and Deezire all at once?

> Also, what file(s) do we pass around to each comp should this be doable?

TibEd and Deezire is not a good combination, I'm afraid. I once tried importing Tiberian Sun Deezire into TibEd, and it worked, but it really pushes TibEd to the limit (or should I say beyond?). The problem is that the import routine is not entirely reliable, though it has been improved since then. To tell you the truth, I do not know if it's possible to do this. You'd have to add all files from the Deezire MIX files too (or just distribute those MIX files too).
The minimum amount of work would be to use XCC Mixer to find ARTMD.INI and RULESMD.INI and SOUNDMD.INI files of Deezire inside the MIX Files of Deezire; to try to import them (and hope it doesn't crash... but I think it will overload TibEd). If that works, you should be able to slightly change it. Can't tell if this will work...

Note: you shouldn't use the Deezire launcher anymore after this, because it will remove your RULESMD.INI file (possibly).

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions