Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Nuke/Ion Beam in reply to Re: Nuke/Ion Beam

> > > The mod i'm currently in the process of making's storyline derpends on the Svoiets having a little TS weaponry. I wanted to know, without crashing my game, if I changed the Nukeup and Nuke down animations to animations from tas that someone converted for me, would it crash? I'm talking about the projectile animations I think, that's where nkmslup and nkmsldn are, so would it be possible to change them, then the warhead and it would be an Ion Beam type superweapon? (I'm using the unused chrono warp beam from deezire for nukeup and the actual ionbeam for nuke down, with the already in RA2 ring1, which I belive is the original Ion Beam weapon animation when it hits ground.)

> > > According to my theory, replacing the animations, building, warhead and cameo would in theory, create a Ion Blast super weapon in place of the Nuke.

> > > thanks!

> > Sounds right for deezire does use this. you can use the images for the icon blast. Make sure that the grapics are added. Ive seen it in use and it does work. but there must be something hardcoded because like you said the game will just crash. But a better answer would be to ask the team of deezire for help. I`ve been messing with this forever and I know it has something to do with triggers or the sequence of the voxels/graphics. All it does is crash.

> well, i just tried it out (replaced the nukedown w/ ion blast and explosion with ionring and such) and it works, but it seems like a waste to do that to the nuke...the allies would ahve the ion cannon, so im going to mess around with the weather storm and such. damn westwood should just tell us how to do it....

LoL thats cool! Yes it is a waste not having all the superweapons. One thing im working on is going underground in RA2. It seems to crash because more codes are not added. I also have a mod based on the GDI and NOD tech. Giving the allies the prism, ion, and sensor technology. Then the soviets have the Cloak, Tesla, and Mindcontrol stuff. And for westwood somethings must not be messed with I guess.

-Stinger- "For King and Country!"

SubjectNameDate
Re: Nuke/Ion BeamMark Charters14:41 15-03-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions