Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme posted a message about Everyone Read This! Important!

I am here to tell all the confused mod makers how to add in shps to the game. I am guessing that voxels are the same except you also add in the hva's for them. Anyway, here is what you do. You do not need Tibed, but it makes the process much easier.

Before we begin, u will need: XCC Mixer, XCC Mix Editor (if you download mix editor and u double click it after you extract it and nothing pops up, you have a bad version. Download a new version and try again).

1. Start XCC Mixer

2. Extract Conquer.mix and Conqmd.mix to Ra2 folder

3. Launch the XCC Mix Editor

4. Minimize the XCC Mix Editor window. (This makes it easier)

5. Click open, and open conqmd.mix if you have yuris revenge, or conquer.mix if you just have Ra2.

6. Drag your shp into the List of the other shps.

7. DO NOT CLICK SAVE!

8. Click compact, and then click close.

9. Start Tibed

10. Open your mod file.

11. Go to art.ini, select either infantry art or buildings art (you cannot select vehicles/ships or aircraft because they use voxels and not shps)

!!!CRITICAL PART AHEAD!!!

12. Add in a new Art section, BUT MAKE SURE IN THE IDENTIFIER BOX, YOU ENTER THE SAME NAME AS THE SHP YOU WANT TO USE!!! (PUT THE NAME IN ALL CAPS!!!)

Example: your shp is barett.shp
you would put in BARETT in the identifier box.

13. Now add in the rest, make sure voxel is no because it is a shp not a voxel.

14. Pick a sequence or add in a new sequence of your own and use it.

15. Pick a cameo and an alternate cameo (This is for whenever one of your spys enters an enemy battle lab and your units become veteran).

16. Tweak the rest to suit your shp. The numbers for PrimaryFireFLH, etc., can be changed to suit your shp.

17. Add in a new infantry or building in the rules.ini section (you can not add in vehicles/ships or aircraft because they use voxels, not shps.)

18. In the identifier box, add in the name of your unit instead of inf001 or etc. (this will help to prevent confusion later. It does not have to match the name of your shp)

19. Add in all the info you want for your new unit, BUT MAKE SURE FOR IMAGE YOU PUT YOUR NEW ART YOU ADDED!

Example: Barett
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
Image=BARETT

This should be all you need to add in a completely new unit to the game! Not so hard once you understand it, right! Good Luck! and Happy Editing. I try to make my tutorials as thorough as possible. If you have any questions regarding anything in this tutorial, feel free to ask if it is not already answered and worth my trouble.

I was a beginner at one time also. I understand how hard these things can be. I hope my Tutorials will help you. Look for more of these in the future. Thank you. Remember, never stop trying to figure out how to do something, and experiment.

-Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme

SubjectNameDate
Re: Everyone Read This! Important!Human Bomb10:46 23-03-2002
    Re: Everyone Read This! Important!Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme07:56 24-03-2002
        Re: Everyone Read This! Important!Olaf van der Spek10:10 29-03-2002
            Re: Everyone Read This! Important!Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme04:58 31-03-2002
    Re: Everyone Read This! Important!Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme07:54 24-03-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions