Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: thanx , but im still stuck in reply to thanx , but im still stuck

> 1. how do i put my changes into a word document
> 2. how do i put my changes into the ini files for a map

> can you give me directions

well first make a wordpad file. Click on programs to find wordpad. hopefuly you should have it since its a basic program. name it anything and leave it blank for now and save.
Now the easy way is to make your changes with tibed and save them to a map. In this case the wordpad file is the map we want to save the changes. To find the wordpad file make sure you have all files selected.
Now open FA2 and make your map. Then under edit find ini.file. Then find you wordpad file and add those changes. It will ask for some or all the changes but just click ok to import them all.
Now save the map and test it out. your changes should be in the map you`ve made.
Aright you have a mod map that can be used by anyone who want to play it online. As long as it dont take longer than 3mins to transer at the loading screen. If its really big you would need to send/E-mail that map to the person so both of you can play.

-Stinger- “Pleading for your life has been very amusing... but it also has givin me a headache!”

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions