Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Jack posted a message about Re: program crash in reply to Re: program crash

> > > > > It seems that since I rebooted my computer from a crash and redownloaded your editor I can't get it too put my changes intoo the game with out it crashing the game? I'm not doing anything different since before the reboot. I made sure that it was a clean reboot as I went back to factory settings and then reinstalled everything and even uninstalled and then redownloaded the newest version and it still happened. Thanks for the help and I think it,s a good editor if you could just figure out how to enable the anamations file.

> > > > Try removing your changes from the game first: select File->Remove changes from game. Now, make sure the following files are no longer in the Red Alert 2 folder:
> > > > Rules.ini, Art.ini, Sound.ini, RA2.CSF, EXPAND50.MIX, ECACHE5.MIX. They are all created by TibEd and you can safely delete them.
> > > > With this clean game, see if the game works again. If it does, try editing again. Let me know how this turns out.

> > > I did all that and started editing again and it worked fine so I contunied with the edit and then it crashed again when I looked in my RA2 folder i found 2 RA2.ini files. I'm woundering if that is right.

> > Well, TibEd doesn't touch RA2.ini files. I'm guessing they're called RA2.INI and RA2MD.INI. Both are created by RA2 (one by Yuri's Revenge).
> > Did you continue with your changes or did you create new ones? Because it could be a problem with your changes too.

> I Started with a new file so I'm still thinking it's in the changes.

I think that rules.ini is corrupted and this is the reason RA2 gets an internal error.
How to change the rules.ini without corrupting it?
Beats me....

SubjectNameDate
Re: program crashKoen van de Sande21:40 25-10-2001

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions