Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
dark x star posted a message about lol i need help to

ok this is been bothering me for a long time i ahve been maeing mods since ra and i had to use a note pad lol ya i rember the days of the nurple maps and stuff
but any ways ur faq says u cant make units aprear in just a map wrong i have seen it done with my own eyes how can u do this plzz tell me i have tryed the following
placeing the units files in my ra2 yr directory
then i have placed the following in my map

[AircraftTypes]
13=A-10

[A-10]
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Armor=heavy
Bombable=yes
Category=AirPower
ConsideredAircraft=yes
Cost=1
Crashable=yes
Crewed=yes
Fighter=yes
Image=A-10
Insignificant=yes
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Landable=yes
Locomotor={4A582746-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Fly
Name=A-10
Owner=Americans,Alliance,French,Germans,British,Africans,Arabs,Confederation,Russians
PipWrap=5
Prerequisite=BARRACKS
Primary=HoverMissile
Speed=50
SpeedType=Hover
TechLevel=1
UIName=A-10
this was me trying to insert a a-10 volxel i downloaded and it also had a hva file to with i named the same as the voxel
exmp
A-10.vox A-10.hva
what happend when the unit gets done building it crashes ?? and i tryed to add another unit to
a unit from ra
the flame inf
what i did was i exrtacted it directly from ra into a shp file and i didnt do any thing else to it and placed it in my ra2 directory
and did the same thing as i did for the a-10
accept i use the
inftype instead of the airtypes
ex
[InfantryTypes]
66=E4
and waht happend when it builds the unit comes out
but its invisble ?? well its better then crashing maby i have to covert it to a ra2 yr file some how because its directly out of ra plzz help me with my probelms thnx if i can get this dow then i can add weapons and aniams easy to becase it will be the same way well if u took the time to read this long ass qestion plzz help me thnx later

and i will start hleping people with ther ra2 editing problems to
i no my first post wasnt to good because im kinda trying to figue out my problem but ill repost on the last qestion i did with a godo awnser k later

SubjectNameDate
Re: lol i need help toStinger06:35 23-08-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions