Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Insanely posted a message about Adding new units to the game.

I'm very new at modding RA2 and I only have a small goal in mind. I would like to add one new unit for the allies and one new unit for the soviets. I already know the details about weapons etc... that these units will have. The problem is that I have to add in the new graphics. I downloaded the Dropship voxel from one of the mod pages somewhere and I really don't know how to go about putting it in the game...all the tutorials I've read may as well be in hieroglyphics...I have no chance of understanding them. If someone could explain an easy to understand way about how to go about adding the graphics for this unit into the game and making them work I'd really appreciate it.

I have the TibEd editor, the XCC mixer utility, and the HVAeditor. I really don't know how to use any of them except the TibEd one ...the others were really confusing and the tutorials just messed me up worse. The files in the dropship ZIP I downloaded were dropship.vxl,dropship2.vxl,ds2icon0000.pcx,ds2uico0000.pcx,dsicon0000.pcx, and dsuico0000.pcx. I hope someone out here can explain this too me better than the tutorials have.

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions