Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
jack of clubs cncu posted a message about Re: adding new voxels in reply to Re: adding new voxels

> > > I have new voxels for new units, but i'm at a stale mate. I don't know where to put the vox file so i can choose it as an image for the units. also, i tried using rules ini and art ini to add it, then loaded ra but al l igot was an invisible unit(not faded, not there at all, but i could click, here and sooht stuff with it)

> > > plz help, y mod is due out in like 2 weeks, damn deadlines

> > Make sure that you put the voxels in a expand** mix (where**
> > is a number between 0 & 99) and that the voxel has the same name as your art ini. also make sure that you add it in the string. also in the rules ini make sure that the image is the same as your art ini for the unit all the cameos should go in a ecache** mix file the expand** and ecache** mix files should go into the directory of the game that you are editing then they should show up.

> The following is for RA2 only (because YR hasn't been tested yet with the filebag):
> Try dragging your voxel into the filebag. And don't forget the HVA file! Without the HVA file, your unit won't work!
> Are you sure your "Vehicle Object Art" entry for your unit is valid? What exactly do you have there? (Copy/Paste from the Manual page if possible).

thanks anyway Koen, but i fooled around in the rules and art ini that go in my ra2 directory after i hit save to, and just added them mannually with xcc mix editor. I stil luse tibed to add newe units and stuff, but the vox problem is better handled with rules ini and art ini, BTW, i tryed putting the hva and vox in the file bag, didnt work.

Jack of Clubs
CNCU

SubjectNameDate
Re: adding new voxelsKoen van de Sande19:09 06-11-2001

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions