Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: How to fire this?? in reply to Re: How to fire this??

> > > > > > > I cloned the Sonic Zap and I gave it a burst of 100 so it would be like the disruptors sonic gun, but it only fires like it has a burst of one. So how can I make it have one solid beam??

> > > > > > you would have to add a new art image of the projectile for the sonic weapon. If you would change the current one then that might look a little odd for the dolphin unit.

> > > > > There is no graphic for it. It is rendered by the game engine. The closest you can come to the TS disruptor is to give it the tag IsMagBeam=yes.

> > > > If you added that tag then the weapon would just act like a magbeam right? It would lift the unit instead of damaging it.

> > > No, it just makes the graphical effect. I have a typo on it; it is supposed to be MagBeam=yes. To get the mag pulling thing you would have to give it a weapon with a locomotor to pull units with.

> > For the pulling-stuff you could at that 'magntron' unit of YR

> Hate to say this but there is no lettering that says MagBeam=yes

Oh... it might be something left out in tibed. Some of the little things are left out in this program. But its a very good start for new modders out there. But you would have to manually input it in the rules. Once you get used to the short hand rules you should be able to use a wordpad file and edit them in that. Its a much better way to edit stuff. (At least for me)

"If your reading this tombstone then I`m already dead."
-Stinger-

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions