Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
bibby posted a message about Re: RA2 First Soviet mission crashes when mods are placed? in reply to RA2 First Soviet mission crashes when mods are placed?

> When I edit RA2 then play the Soviet campaign itgives the internal error message. It only does this on the first mission, but it still is annoying. Is there anything I can do about this other than just not use mods on the first mission?

This happened to me too, I just had to take out a few changes, like superweapons. The game demands things be a certain way for each level. The 1st Soviet mission has the most restrictions on buildings, costs, ect. The only mods I've gotten to stick have been non-player characters, like cows and school busses. Just undo some things and carry on. Remember: it auto saves at each level, so when you reach the 2nd mission, you can add your changes back in, Reload, and RESTART mission.
(I've bugged the 2nd mission too, where an amphibous transport gets stuck, so I never get my MCV; worked around it though)
I just finished another Soviet campaign with my mod tonight, great fun.
My 1st mission plan was to use a civilian Technician to fix the bridge (acting as enginerr) and waltz a cow up to the pentagon, the tanks take it from there.
Hope this helps.

SubjectNameDate
Re: RA2 First Soviet mission crashes when mods are placed?Escaped from the Nut House22:11 04-12-2002
    Re: RA2 First Soviet mission crashes when mods are placed?Fenring01:39 07-12-2002
        Re: RA2 First Soviet mission crashes when mods are placed?Nino18:09 06-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions