Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Questions about TS in reply to Re: Questions about TS

> > > > > Hi,

> > > > > Somewhat of a newbie to TS. Give some of you guys a chance to show off with
> > > > > the answers (hopefully) to these questions. I've been meddling with my rules.ini and
> > > > > have applied the latest patch, but am nowhere near as good at mods as youse guys.

> > > > > 1. What do I need to do to select who I fight against in skirmish mode - I need some experience
> > > > > fighting NOD, but every time I play skirmish I'm fighting GDI (I'm starting, obviously, as GDI).

> > > > - There is an option in the skirmish menu that allows you to select between GDI and Nod. Click where you see GDI and the Nod option will appear.

> > > > > 2. Where are and how do I ally with the Forgotten people (in skirmish)? I noticed a character called
> > > > > "assassin" hanging around in my last skirmish mode - tried to ally with him, but no go.

> > > > - You can't ally them...

> > > > > I understand that characters like the ghost stalker is a forgotten people (and I can create one-
> > > > > at-a-time) but will I get a chance to hook up with other f.p. eventually? Umagon, for example.

> > > > - Only modding.

> > > > > 3. What's the story with those yellow fields of tiberium(?) and the gaping, active "hole" thing?

> > > > - Oh.. you mean those orange veins that eat buildings and vehicles?

> > > > > 4. Can't delete waypoints and have applied the patch. Is this a known bug? (and, yes, I
> > > > > reassigned a keyboard shortcut for this and still no go).

> > > > - Click them and press delete.

> > > > > 5. Will concrete walls stop this crazy sumbitch "hunter-seeker" droid?

> > > > - No. It sucks and nothing stops it, unless you mod it.

> > > > > 6. Any mod to play in "free for all" mode in a skirmish game. Looks like it defaults to "all units kick
> > > > > human player ass" when playing with more than 2 players.

> > > > - Select Paranoid=no in the rules.ini file

> > > > > 7. The only way to get extra "cash" in this game is to capture enemy building with engineer and sell -
> > > > > correct? There are no items like oil derricks, etc. - right?

> > > > - no.

> > > > > 8. Where can I find a complete list (and order of release) of C&C games? Westwood site does
> > > > > not show all of them nor does the EA site (I know there's a TS Firestorm because I've seen
> > > > > strategy guides - don't see game at either site).

> > > > - Firestorm is the official expansion set from Tiberian Sun. I forgot the link of the site... really... But go in the C&C area of Westwood's site and you gonna find more info there. In last case, try in the site map.

> > > > > T'anks for whatever you can tell me.

> > > > > Cujoe

> > > > - You're welcome.

> > > T'anks again, Banshee.
> > > But, re: 1st question: the dropdown list in skirmish allows
> > > you to choose which side to play as - not fight against. I
> > > wonder if there's a mod to set up who you play against.

> > - Oh! Sorry, lack of attention here. No you just can't select your enemy. It's a pitty, fixed in RA2...

> > And
> > > also, maybe, set the AI level for each enemy.

> > - No again, only on RA2 or better game.

> > > As for deleting waypoints - I simply am unable to. Tried
> > > delete key; changed keyboard shortcut to something else;
> > > still couldn't do it.

> > - The manual says that you should take the waypoint just like you would move it, but instead of moving it, you press the "-" key from your keyboard, not the delete (I'm sorry for that).

> I'm about Question 3.... take a look.
> > > Cujoe

From a comet that hit the earth in the first C@C. The Tiberium for some unknown reason spreads on the land and destroys any source of soil it grows from.
Tiberium vein holes, which are are form of mutated Tiberium, sprout and damage any structure, unit, or vehicles which are not immune from its havoc.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

SubjectNameDate
Re: Questions about TSEscaped from the Nut House00:20 01-01-2003
    Re: Questions about TSNino15:11 02-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions