Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Nino posted a message about Re: its me again, how do u build new structures? in reply to its me again, how do u build new structures?

> thanks for the help for adding cameo's but now i wanna be a bit more adventurous, id like to know how to create my own structure, instead of getting an already existing structure, and changing its properties, also, if anyone wants to make a joint mod with me, feel free to ask, i could do with some practice

> Thanx again

ok, here goes. If you're actually new to this (wich I think you are) copy it from another structure and give it a new name and stuff, and the new properties (hint: I would copy from a structure that is most similair to it, i.e. don't copy a guard tower from a Nuke silo) Now extract the original SHP from the game (using XCC, if you don't know how to handle it, it's not hard to learn) and modifie it (or take the size and make a completely new one) using a SHP editor.

Now place the structure back in the MIX file (or in your ecache(MD)00.mix see previous post) and give it the same name as the identifyer of your structure (like PTURRET, GATECH2 or something) now from the structure art copy the heading from the structure you modified. Paste it under your own identifyer (see little back) and make sure that all the names are similair to yours. (note: the buildup animation is just how it builds up. I recommend using a preset one.) now go to your structure and where it says IMAGE: give the Identifyer of your ART (Wich is usually the same identifyer as your structure)

Save it and you're done. If anyone knows I gave incorrect directions let me know. (not just hints like: this could go like that too, but it takes longer...)

Nino

I like Tibed, RA2, Yuri's revenge and applepie!
-----------------------------------------------
The Ra2 YR Mod NTAU is under construction. Be prepared!

Project Entertainment main site

SubjectNameDate
Re: its me again, how do u build new structures?Nino18:06 06-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions