Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Will's SHP editor palette's in reply to Re: Will's SHP editor palette's

> > Can enyone help my get my palettes into Will's SHP editor?

> Hallo I need help please!!!

Alrighty now, I have no clue about SHP`s but hey I found some tutorials about them. They may have some links to them and sorry if I didnt give the person(s) credit for making them. Since I just found a bunch of broken links today.

--------------------------------------------------------

Steps (in case you already have a SHP file, for example downloaded it from a website):
1. In TibEd, right-click on the Section tree (on the left side of your screen). Select "Add file(s)..."
2. Locate your SHP file, select it, and press Open. Remember the name of the SHP file (in our example: MADICON.SHP).
3. If you want to change the cameo of an existing unit, you have to look up it's Art Object entry (in the Art.ini).

Looking up the Art.ini entry for a unit
---------------------------------------

You can do this by going to the Vehicles/Infantry or Aircraft of the Rules.ini, and selecting your unit.
Now, go to the General #1 page and look for the "Image=" setting (top-right). If this is not empty, then this is the name of your Art.ini entry. If it is empty however, then it's the unit identifier.
What does this mean? If you select the Grizzly tank, you will see MTNK - Grizzly Tank below it's current icon -'MTNK' is the unit identifier. But remember the "Image=" setting - what is it for the Grizzly tank? Correct, 'GTNK'. So, the Art.ini entry for the Grizzly tank is called 'GTNK'.

4. Now, select "Vehicle Object Art" under the Art.ini. You're looking for the name you just looked up - 'GTNK' in our example. The cameo is controlled by the "Cameo=" setting (and the veteran cameo by the "AltCameo=" setting). Change the "Cameo=" setting to the filename of the file you just added, without the .SHP extension. So, for our file MADICON.SHP, give it the value "MADICON" (without quotes).

5. That's it. Now, save your mod (through File->Save), so you can add more things later. Note that this saving does not apply your changes to the game yet - that is done by selecting File->"Save changes to game"! After you've done this, TibEd will ask whether you want to run the game. Select yes, and see for yourself if the Grizzly tank cameo has changed!

I am here to tell all the confused mod makers how to add in shps to the game. I am guessing that voxels are the same except you also add in the hva's for them. Anyway, here is what you do. You do not need Tibed, but it makes the process much easier.

Before we begin, u will need: XCC Mixer, XCC Mix Editor (if you download mix editor and u double click it after you extract it and nothing pops up, you have a bad version. Download a new version and try again).

1. Start XCC Mixer

2. Extract Conquer.mix and Conqmd.mix to Ra2 folder

3. Launch the XCC Mix Editor

4. Minimize the XCC Mix Editor window. (This makes it easier)

5. Click open, and open conqmd.mix if you have yuris revenge, or conquer.mix if you just have Ra2.

6. Drag your shp into the List of the other shps.

7. DO NOT CLICK SAVE!

8. Click compact, and then click close.

9. Start Tibed

10. Open your mod file.

11. Go to art.ini, select either infantry art or buildings art (you cannot select vehicles/ships or aircraft because they use voxels and not shps)

!!!CRITICAL PART AHEAD!!!

12. Add in a new Art section, BUT MAKE SURE IN THE IDENTIFIER BOX, YOU ENTER THE SAME NAME AS THE SHP YOU WANT TO USE!!! (PUT THE NAME IN ALL CAPS!!!)

Example: your shp is barett.shp
you would put in BARETT in the identifier box.

13. Now add in the rest, make sure voxel is no because it is a shp not a voxel.

14. Pick a sequence or add in a new sequence of your own and use it.

15. Pick a cameo and an alternate cameo (This is for whenever one of your spys enters an enemy battle lab and your units become veteran).

16. Tweak the rest to suit your shp. The numbers for PrimaryFireFLH, etc., can be changed to suit your shp.

17. Add in a new infantry or building in the rules.ini section (you can not add in vehicles/ships or aircraft because they use voxels, not shps.)

18. In the identifier box, add in the name of your unit instead of inf001 or etc. (this will help to prevent confusion later. It does not have to match the name of your shp)

19. Add in all the info you want for your new unit, BUT MAKE SURE FOR IMAGE YOU PUT YOUR NEW ART YOU ADDED!

Example: Barett
blah blah blah
blah blah blah
Image=BARETT

This should be all you need to add in a completely new unit to the game! Not so hard once you understand it, right! Good Luck! and Happy Editing. I try to make my tutorials as thorough as possible.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions