Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Dummies guide to installing units (would v much appreciate help in reply to Dummies guide to installing units (would v much appreciate help

> Hi there im wanting ive just downloaded TibEd and yeah it's cool but im a total novice and dont know how to install new units, ive tried reading the guides on here but there to technical for me? I was wanderin if anyone could be so kind as to give me a step by step walkthough as to how I'd go about transfering the Mammoth MkII into Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge?
> Thanks for your time and any help anyone decides to give

Alot of past units from the C@C series are in the disk of RA2/YR. Even though they are much smaller in size to the units used now (which you can fix later). All we need to do is to activate them.

First make the stats of your unit...

[HMEC]
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Armor=heavy
Category=AFV
Cost=1750
ElitePrimary=120mmxE
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Destroyer
Name=Mammoth MkII
UIName=Name:HMEC

And so on...

Next in the art section we need to add the image of the image in use. You need to import the cameo from the TS version into a file. But for now we will use Rhino`s cameo.

[HMEC]
Voxel=yes
Remapable=yes
Cameo=HTNKICON
AltCameo=HTNKUICO
PrimaryFireFLH=150,0,100
SecondaryFireFLH=150,0,100

Now at the bottom of Tibed there is a CFS editor which helps "String" the unit in the game. This is something use for the computer to help I.D. the unit and also cancel out that annoying "New Construction Options" each time it`s builts by EVA`s voice ingame. Check out the FAQ section on how to do this since it has a good step by step way on how to do this.

Once all of this has been complete do what all modders out there must do and save your changes to the game. Now this is a very short version of many steps it takes to some of the editing. But once you get the hang of how to do something it will be second nature to you. Cheers!

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions