Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: ArtMD.ini Will not work in the Map by using (Tibed) in reply to Re: ArtMD.ini Will not work in the Map by using (Tibed)

> > > > > Thanks for your first answer (stinger),when i go to the ArtMD.ini its look very easy, butt its still not real, when i change the (CAMEO + ALTCAMEO + Image!!) etc, and save on the map then go to the game the voxel is not there. And the icon will used his old one (icon)or(CameoIcon).Normally if use the (RulesMD.ini),
> > > > > they will always work, butt (ArtMD.ini),they will never
> > > > > 0verride on the map.Then i try another tricks, i open the (FinalAlert yur's Revenge),
> > > > > and open the (Ini Editing), and i check the ini editor,they are
> > > > > not saved on the (Ini Editor)?!
> > > > > So i push, the first (Add button) and then i set (QUAK).Then the second (Add button)CAMEO=QUAKICON ,then i push
> > > > > the second time on the (Add button)AltCAMEO=QUAKUICO etc.
> > > > > And i save on the map, then i load the game,they are still not work??
> > > > > >(Help!!!!)<

> > > > A map can only contain changes for the Rules(MD).ini. Any changes you make in the ArtMD.ini have no effect, since the game does not support loading them from the map.

> > > Huh ? How can i support them!! plz help

> > You have to select "Save changes to game" from the File menu to make it work. Just a map + Cameo won't work.

> No it can't be, because if i do this, then ra2 will only
> start in normal game mode, but you cannot go to internet,for playing games, because the computer will send an message, (ra2 contact techniqual game support?),then i can only unistalled the game and reinstalled before i can start the game, all tibed save load, they must be-gone before you playing on the internet?!you can only use tibed to change the map, not the save or change, the whole game.Then you never can go to (internet-games?).
Correct, you cannot use your changes online unless all sides have the same changes installed. You'd have to remove them ("Remove changes from game" from the File menu) before going online. But it's the only way to do changes to the ArtMD.ini - they cannot be stored in maps. So I'm afraid that what you want might not be possible.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions

TibEd.Net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions