Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Magnetron Disruptor in reply to Re: Magnetron Disruptor

> > > Yeah, I'm back after two weeks holiday but what the hell....

> > > I got YR and when a Magnetron fires at a buildig it only damages it when it 'fires' again but the beam does no damage.

> > > Is there anyway that the beam will do the same thing as the beam from the TS Disroptur. (without making it look different from the Vehicle beam)

> > Try to add AmbientDamage=2 to the weapon.
> > You might have to increase the damage but units/buildings should take damage while in the beam.

> Sorry.... Didn't work Is there anything in the TS Disruptor stuff that will help?

I took a look in the Voxel Debris types under the SONICTURRET part to see if something could be used there. But the dolphin`s soniczap weapon is pretty much has the same effect as the disruptor. Only difference is that the sonic weapon has a new anim of a wave rather than the beam which is now used by the Magnetron. If you could change the magnetron beam`s logic so it also acts as a sonic weapon vs. buildings.
I guess you could decrease the ROF and/or the damage of the beam so it seems to fire rapidly.
I see anyway to remap the weapon for it to act like the TS version with out losing that anim.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

Eagle Red: The ultimate unofficial expansion set for Red Alert 2

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions