Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Philip posted a message about Re: Everytime I click to start the game it restarts.... in reply to Re: Everytime I click to start the game it restarts....

> > Red Alert 2...it says "your computer needs to be restarted to continue the patch"..everytime i restart it, after it reloads windows it brings up the installation screen again for tibed....im using Windows 98..

> wait a sec, if you reffer to installing or PATCHING tibed
> then only why you need to restart pc is coz of VisualBasic 6.0 run-time files, but it should not do problems like that you described, IF it is that you patching is Tibed then just download v1.54 and dont patch

> IF you reffer to patching RA2... same thing should not happen, coz while patching it patches it tottaly and it should work normal...

> my advice:

> 1. IF you are patching THE GAME, then uninstall it completely and try all over again

> 2. if patching tibed (dunno why, you have newest to download) remove all tibed files and install newest version

> other than that i dont see reason for this errors

> -- hope this helps a bit --

I unistalled everything and installed it back and its working fine now. I think the problem was the extra files and mods i had installed i might have missed some files...thanks for all the advice bro..Later

Phil

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions