Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: Unit names in reply to Re: Unit names

> > > > Yes You Can. Go to infantry tab under Rules.ini and go to "General #1" on the tabs on the top. There in the list you will see a box called "Name". You change the name in there

> > > Err, I said that I'd already tried that and it has no effect.

> > > TB.

> > Hmm, is the problem something to do with the fact that I usually clone an existing unit and then alter it?

> > TB.

> If you change the UIName of a unit it will change it in the game. only problem with this is the unit will have Missing Name: and then the units name. Ex. Missing Name:GI Elite.
> Only way to fix this problem is whats called "stinging" the unit. I never really have done this yet and its a little more confusing than it sounds. But I believe there is a program add-on for Tibed to do this.

If you change the UIName to let's say NAME:MYUNIT, you can then use the CSF Editor integrated in TibEd (every version 1.4 and up). In the section tree, scroll all the way down and double-click on 'ra2.csf'. Now click on 'Add string', make it's ID "NAME:MYUNIT" (no quotes), and then enter your unit name in the value field. You've now added a new unit name to the game.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions