Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Problem with saving Tibed in reply to Problem with saving Tibed

> Until a few days ago, Tibed was functioning perfectly well. Unfortunately, it has suddenly come up with an error while compacting changes before saving a file. It says there was a problem with a subscript being out of range for something like TibOptimize, then gives the file name (eg C:\Local Settings\Administrator\Temp\TibXXX.tmp - where XXX is 3 letters and/or numbers). I have tried deleting everything in the file it is trying to save as, this only ended up deleting everything I'd done (luckily I had a backup). Sometimes (maybe 30-50% of the time) I can keep clicking [Retry] and it will eventually save. Otherwise I have to click on [Cancel] and it quits Tibed without saving. I'm doing a rather large lot of editing on Tibed (60+ new units, about the same number of changes to existing units), if this is the problem I can simply apply changes and edit it in Notepad, but I'd prefer Tibed because of the layout.

> Finally, I still can't edit the General section of Rulesmd.ini manually, and lots of areas are not been addressed by Tibed. Obviously I understand only that not everything can be done at once, however, it would be useful to include this in the next update.

I hate when this happens too. And my way a fixing the problem was saving half of my changes and seeing if some error would come up. And if not, I did the other half and I narrowed out the error. Then (in my case) I found the error and I changed it. Though yours may be somewhat hard to find with all the changes. Heck this might not even help. But maybe the game can`t handle all of the memory.

Try using the Yuri Ini.File for the General Section. What ever you need to look for would be in there.

-Stinger- "For King and Country!"

SubjectNameDate
Re: Problem with saving TibedMark Charters14:41 13-03-2002
    Re: Problem with saving TibedStinger08:30 16-03-2002
        Re: Problem with saving TibedMark Charters14:37 19-03-2002
            Re: Problem with saving TibedKoen van de Sande12:12 20-03-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions