Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: Problem with saving Tibed in reply to Problem with saving Tibed

> Until a few days ago, Tibed was functioning perfectly well. Unfortunately, it has suddenly come up with an error while compacting changes before saving a file. It says there was a problem with a subscript being out of range for something like TibOptimize, then gives the file name (eg C:\Local Settings\Administrator\Temp\TibXXX.tmp - where XXX is 3 letters and/or numbers). I have tried deleting everything in the file it is trying to save as, this only ended up deleting everything I'd done (luckily I had a backup). Sometimes (maybe 30-50% of the time) I can keep clicking [Retry] and it will eventually save. Otherwise I have to click on [Cancel] and it quits Tibed without saving. I'm doing a rather large lot of editing on Tibed (60+ new units, about the same number of changes to existing units), if this is the problem I can simply apply changes and edit it in Notepad, but I'd prefer Tibed because of the layout.

> Finally, I still can't edit the General section of Rulesmd.ini manually, and lots of areas are not been addressed by Tibed. Obviously I understand only that not everything can be done at once, however, it would be useful to include this in the next update.

I'm currently working on the [General] section to make it have an interface. Not sure about the Manual page for that editor though, because then there'd have to be major changes.
The TIBOptimize procedure attemps to make the changes list smaller. If this procedure were deactivated (by me, in the code), your .TIB file would slowly grow over time, and the Changes browser would no longer work.
I'll dig into that code again, and try to give it a bigger range, or at least 'overflow' protection so it doesn't crash anymore...

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions