Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: How do you add in new units complete with shps to the game? in reply to How do you add in new units complete with shps to the game?

> How do you add in new units complete with shps to the game? What I mean is..... how do modmakers like deezire, eagle red, etc. add in new units and shps like the mine layer and the giant ant and chrono towers. Is it possible to use Tibed to do this and if so, how?

Yes you can add new units. even it they are from another game. I would think you would add the voxels in the filebag, add a new unit, add the art for the unit, and then string that unit so it won`t have "Missing: my unit " in the cameo.

To do this first go to Vehicles/Ships. Add a new unit and change its stats to your choosing (strength, cost, etc). Then go to the ArtMD.ini section where Vehicle Obeject Art is seen. Add a new art and give it the same image or name of the unit made. Now you have to go to the very bottom of the general section and find the ra2md.csf file. double click it and click add string. then where name is shown put "Name:myunit" (whatever the units name is listed as). and for Value put the name of the unit "BigTank" (The real name of the unit). Now if you have the cameo for the unit you would add it to the filebag so it could be seen in the battlescreen. Again this is a ruff idea of how it can be done and I could be wrong in some areas. Since I havn`t really made a mod... just mod maps. But I`ve used Tiberium sun units with their images intact. If any of this helped and you are confused dont worry... your not the only one.
Hope I helped if im right on any of this.

-Stinger- "For King And Country"

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions