Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Blightedscorpion posted a message about Re: Sides in reply to Re: Sides

> > one thing I have Tried is using a side such as civilains and making them multiplayable but I guess it would be better to use a side that is naturally In multiplay.

> u must have been using sunedit2k. I bet u tried to use the new side editor and picked them and they did show up in the selectable slot in tiberian sun, but they wouldn't load. Sorry, that don't work.

> But if u know how to add a new side to Ra2 tell me, and make sure it works first cuz my mod is very sensitive to changes. Oh yeah, does anyone know where i can find a garbage truck voxel?

I don't use sun edit2k after the incident were it corrupted my whole Tib sun campaign that I was working on.No, I use Tibed for that.Just go to sides,and right below NOD,GDI, or whatever, Create a new name And Make it look sortta like the others with the Equal sign and all. Then go to country statistics(or the thing below sides or above it, it has the same Icon).
Create a new side and Put your side in the sides catagory. Name all the other stuff like Prefixes and whatnot what the prefix or whatever is to you sides's name.
Now here is where the problem comes in you go to the MCV and make it on your side also.Do this with The construction Yard also. And start up Tiberian sun/RA2. Now your side will appear in the list But when you start up skirmish it will be complete shroud. This was my origional Problem. Not even the stupid Final sun side creator acually created its own side.
There is however one way you could put your side in the Game.If you have Final Sun And Tibed you can Create units and Then apply changes to Tibsun/RA2 and then start up Final sun.

Note:if you apply Changes while Final Sun Is running you will have to shut down Final Sun And reapply Changes.

After that you start a new map, Either sing or multi but I will explain both.
Multi:In multi just create a map And Have all your Units Belong to both Sides But Make them have A Prequisete of A building that you made. Make sure the Building can not be Built By Any side except Civilian. Place your bulding Somewhere and Whenever Someone Captures It they will Be able to build that Tech.

Single:1st put on advanced play and then Lay Down Your Units Like A special Construction Yard that belongs to all sides But cannot be built(make sure that any buildings you want to be able to build with only that side are for all sides but have a Prequisete of that Building, Add any units you think would be Appropriate for that side.Complete the scenerio and you should have your own side.

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions