Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: Generals INI.big editing in reply to Generals INI.big editing

> First off, has anyone here actually successfully edited this file? Everytime I make even one change the game will not load; for instance, the splash screen will come up as usual, but instead of loading the game, it just goes away and nothing happens. This will occur when I change anything, like the price of a technical or even taking out one character in what would seem like a meaningless place.

> Is there some field within the file that you have to manipulate in order for the game to load when you make a change? I realize that this is a new game and there aren't a whole lot of answers yet, but any feedback would be welcome.
Try XCC Mixer, it can read/write BIG files. However the 'best' way to edit Generals is to extract files from the game, and then put them into a folder structure similar like inside the BIG file, but in your game folder. Then, wiping these files restores your game to 'factory state'.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions

TibEd.Net

SubjectNameDate
Re: Generals INI.big editingKabal20:54 04-03-2003
    Re: Generals INI.big editingCrimson18:30 06-03-2003
    Re: Generals INI.big editingCrimson18:29 06-03-2003
Re: Generals INI.big editingKabal20:42 04-03-2003
    Re: Generals INI.big editingKoen van de Sande22:14 04-03-2003
        Re: Generals INI.big editingcrimson19:52 05-03-2003
            Re: Generals INI.big editingCrimson03:00 06-03-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions