Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Editing in reply to Re: Editing

> > > > > > > I was wondering if anybody knows how to edit Red Alert 2 so that the Ion Cannon from the original Command & Conquer can be used? Anyone who knows how if you will please leave a post OR email me, that would be great.

> > > > > > > Thanks in advance

> > > > > > If you check out some of the anim parts of the ion cannon`s beam are still there. Only down side is you would have to replace one of superweapons in use to work right. Where as clicking on the superweapon to fire on the map for the launch.
> > > > > > A way around this is giving a building a new weapon with long range (256 or -2), ROF, and the beams animation. Then clicking on the building then the target to fire the weapon.

> > > > > If you want replace replace the airborne first because, this is only used by single country (America), beware the paradrop these can used by all 3 side so you have not deleting "nuke,weather,dominator"you beware them, only the place from airborn must be replace
> > > > > Posted by Newmap9
> > > > !!!!!!!!

> > > Ok, I've been doing what you guys said, but I still can't get it to work. When I the Ion Cannon ready, I click on it on the side bar, and it justs recharges it. Can one of you guys guide me through how to do this step by step?

> > This will replace the nuke since the games engine will not let you create another superweapon. Even if you clone one that is in use.
> > In the Special Weapon rules find and change...
> > NukeWarhead=IONBEAMWH
> > NukeDown=None ;So you dont see the nuke take off from silo
> > NukeProjectile=None ;So you dont see the nuke fall

> > Create a weapon with the stats...
> > [IONBEAMWEAPON]
> > Damage=600
> > Range=30
> > Projectile=IONBEAM
> > Speed=10
> > Warhead=IONBEAMWH

> > [IONBEAMWH]
> > Wall=yes
> > Wood=yes
> > CellSpread=2.0
> > PercentAtMax=.5
> > Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,3%,100%,100%
> > Conventional=yes
> > Rocker=yes
> > InfDeath=5
> > AnimList=RING1 ; or RING don`t remember
> > Bright=yes
> > CombatLightSize=40%

> > If you want to disable the siren sound the launch makes change the DIG=none in the general section.

> > Your done. When the weapon is charged it should fire a beam downwards and a wave going outwards when it hits the target. The animation will be small since it is taken from TS. You would have to resize the image or create a new one and replace/change it.
> > If I remember right this should work. But its been awhile since I messed with the rules. Happy modding.

> Ok, I hate to say it, but it still doesn't work. However, it's a lot closer than what I was doing. The problem now is that when it is charged, I select the target, it just recharges and nothing else happens. Any more suggestions?

Sounds like the superweapontype has changed. Make sure that hasn`t changed. There could be a couple of reasons why its doing that... the engine is a tricky thing to mess with.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

Eagle Red

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions