Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: New Camoes in reply to Re: New Camoes

> > > if i have a new cameo to use for a new unit - how do i get that into Tibed and the game? Can i just put it in the file bag, if so what format do they need to be.
> > > Thanks
> > Yes, you can put them in the filebag. They have to be in SHP format (called SHP (TS) in XCC Mixer). And you have to change the Cameo= setting of the Art.ini entry of your unit (clone it first if it's an existing unit... but when cloning, don't forget to add an Image= tag with the Image=OLD_SECTION_NAME or else your unit might get invisible). Still haven't figured out the invisible units yet...
> What do i need to convert normal Jpeg images into SHp format?
> Thank you for all your help.
Don't know if you can convert JPEG with it, but you can convert from a lot of formats with it: XCC Mixer. http://xccu.sf.net . When you run it, look for your file and try right-clicking on it. There are a lot of conversions possible to SHP (TS), but if possible you should use a paint program to convert it to PCX (which I'm sure XCC Mixer can read). But try JPEG first (just make sure you have cameo.pal selected!) or else the colors will go bad.

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions