Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: I must, I must. in reply to I must, I must.

> Ah you are going to make a Cameo FAQ readme file.

> cheers

> (im sure you got tired of this one huh? )

Steps (in case you already have a SHP file, for example downloaded it from a website):
1. In TibEd, right-click on the Section tree (on the left side of your screen). Select "Add file(s)..."
2. Locate your SHP file, select it, and press Open. Remember the name of the SHP file (in our example: MADICON.SHP).
3. If you want to change the cameo of an existing unit, you have to look up it's Art Object entry (in the Art.ini).

Looking up the Art.ini entry for a unit
---------------------------------------

You can do this by going to the Vehicles/Infantry or Aircraft of the Rules.ini, and selecting your unit.
Now, go to the General #1 page and look for the "Image=" setting (top-right). If this is not empty, then this is the name of your Art.ini entry. If it is empty however, then it's the unit identifier.
What does this mean? If you select the Grizzly tank, you will see MTNK - Grizzly Tank below it's current icon -'MTNK' is the unit identifier. But remember the "Image=" setting - what is it for the Grizzly tank? Correct, 'GTNK'. So, the Art.ini entry for the Grizzly tank is called 'GTNK'.

4. Now, select "Vehicle Object Art" under the Art.ini. You're looking for the name you just looked up - 'GTNK' in our example. The cameo is controlled by the "Cameo=" setting (and the veteran cameo by the "AltCameo=" setting). Change the "Cameo=" setting to the filename of the file you just added, without the .SHP extension. So, for our file MADICON.SHP, give it the value "MADICON" (without quotes).

5. That's it. Now, save your mod (through File->Save), so you can add more things later. Note that this saving does not apply your changes to the game yet - that is done by selecting File->"Save changes to game"! After you've done this, TibEd will ask whether you want to run the game. Select yes, and see for yourself if the Grizzly tank cameo has changed!

TibEd.net

SubjectNameDate
Re: I must, I must.Stinger08:13 27-02-2002
    Re: I must, I must.Koen van de Sande16:22 27-02-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions