Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Building Names in reply to Re: Building Names

> > > Nearly all the civilian buildings are only called ''Building'' and I want to give them all a different name but I don't know which name(building all the time) is which building cause their all called Building is there a way to figure out which is which??????!!!!!!!!!
> > Every Civilian building has a UIName, which corresponds to an entry in the RA2(MD).CSF file. If you change the name there, it will be different in the game too.

> Yeah Iknow but then I would have to go over every building one by one and still hae to figure out to what building I gave the other name.
> Cause for Example the WTC is called "building" but so are many others and if I change the name of oneI don't know which building is called differently from then on.

In the CSF section change the value for the building.

IE:The Miami Hotel 01

Look for Name:CAMIAM01
Then in the value section where you would see Hotel.

Change it to "My Crib"

Now in the game when your cursor is on that building you should see My Crib on it.

Also, somewhere in the general section I think there is a tag for giving neutral buildings a generic name. Just change it to no and maybe you may not have to change all the CSF Strings.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

SubjectNameDate
Re: Building NamesThierry22:00 23-01-2003
    Re: Building NamesStinger11:44 24-01-2003
        Re: Building NamesThierry13:55 24-01-2003
            Re: Building NamesYO18:22 26-01-2003
                Re: Building NamesStinger20:46 27-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions