Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Thierry posted a message about Re: Building Names in reply to Re: Building Names

> > > > Nearly all the civilian buildings are only called ''Building'' and I want to give them all a different name but I don't know which name(building all the time) is which building cause their all called Building is there a way to figure out which is which??????!!!!!!!!!
> > > Every Civilian building has a UIName, which corresponds to an entry in the RA2(MD).CSF file. If you change the name there, it will be different in the game too.

> > Yeah Iknow but then I would have to go over every building one by one and still hae to figure out to what building I gave the other name.
> > Cause for Example the WTC is called "building" but so are many others and if I change the name of oneI don't know which building is called differently from then on.

> In the CSF section change the value for the building.

> IE:The Miami Hotel 01

> Look for Name:CAMIAM01
> Then in the value section where you would see Hotel.

> Change it to "My Crib"

> Now in the game when your cursor is on that building you should see My Crib on it.

> Also, somewhere in the general section I think there is a tag for giving neutral buildings a generic name. Just change it to no and maybe you may not have to change all the CSF Strings.

Well what I mean is that I don't know what name belongs to what building. I do know that the CAMIAM etc.. or called HOTEL and the rest Building and I won't mind going over all the CSF's but I just don't know which name belongs to which building.

-Where does life suck the most? Some say in School...-

SubjectNameDate
Re: Building NamesStinger11:44 24-01-2003
    Re: Building NamesThierry13:55 24-01-2003
        Re: Building NamesYO18:22 26-01-2003
            Re: Building NamesStinger20:46 27-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions