Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: BOMB plane in reply to Re: BOMB plane

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Well now I do have one glitch, namely that the weapon itself drops five bombs but there is nothing that says so cause both Burst= and Cluster= are 1 and nothing with five is there a way to increase or decrease that amount????????

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Lower the ROF so your plane can drop more rounds. I think you can set the minimal ROF at 3.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > No I don't mean ammo but the weapon it self drops five bombs and I want it to be different.(nothing to do with burst and cluster)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Oh... In the Projectile lower the Arm=10 so it won`t have that much of delay. Adjusting the range of the weapon will effect how many will drop. Also, the speed of the aircraft will have a big impact on this. The slow the aircraft the more bombs it will fire. If you want to change the bomb to something else that falls change the image in the projectile part to what you need. I`m not to sure on what you want to changed to be different.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Well what I mean is that the weapon isn't like one projectile like the Cannon but it is five that make up the weapon. Well ONE Bomb or ammo is made out of five bombs

> > > > > > > > > > > > Ah something like the Multi-Missile?

> > > > > > > > > > > Jeah ,a bit like that but there you change the amount of bombs with the Cluster=. Just try it out by adding the weapon bomb in to the RA2 weapons file and you will see that if the plane only has one ammo it will drop five bombs that account for one ammo and the five bombs as one weapon is the amount that I want to change and burst= or cluster= didn't do anything.

> > > > > > > > > > All I can think of by increasing the missiles/bombs would be to lower the Weapon`s and Projectile`s ROF. Adding more ammo for the plane.
> > > > > > > > > > After the missiles/bombs are fired from the plane. You would need to add to the Projectile the V3Cluster (or a weapon like it) for the cluster of bombs to spead out over the target.

> > > > > > > > > Never mind I got it working a little bit different now so I don't need more or less bombs but when I give the planes 2 or more ammo they drop the first ammo fine but the second is dropped while they are turning and end up no-where

> > > > > > > > You could give the plane a slower ROT. Then it would turn for more distance and line up with its target before it drops its second wave.

> > > > > > > Yeah but 2 isn't enough and with 1 it doesn't always land O.K.

> > > > > > Could slowing the planes speed help?

> > > > > Yeah it might
> > > > > Ohhh. and is there a way to slow down the reload time of ammo but not health (planes)

> > > > For the plane itself you could add
> > > > EmptyReload= ;time of reload when unit has no ammo
> > > > Reload= ;time of reload if the unit has at least 1 left
> > > > ReloadIncrement= ;how much ammo does the unit gain for reload

> > > > In the generals section you can effect all planes and how they load by adjusting the default settings.

> > > Thanks but I got Another probolem now.
> > > I gave a plane about 25 ammo for many shots so that is easily shot and all but the ammo amount that you see when you select the plane is enormous! Is there a way to keep it in a row of 5 or so?(maybe something with the pipscale?)

> > I think PipWrap is what your looking for.

> And what do I do with it?

Give the unit PipWrap=5 and it should have five ammo slots that wrap. So you wont see 25 of them going across the screen.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

SubjectNameDate
Re: BOMB planeThierry22:12 17-02-2003
    Re: BOMB planeStinger09:39 18-02-2003
        Re: BOMB planeThierry15:17 18-02-2003
            Re: BOMB planeStinger08:59 19-02-2003
                Re: BOMB planeThierry15:40 20-02-2003
                    Re: BOMB planeStinger06:00 21-02-2003
                        Re: BOMB planeThierry09:07 21-02-2003
                            Re: BOMB planeStinger10:50 21-02-2003
                                Re: BOMB planeThierry20:04 23-02-2003
                                    Re: BOMB planeStinger10:44 25-02-2003
                                        Re: BOMB planeThierry10:52 26-02-2003
                                            Re: BOMB planeStinger08:43 27-02-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions