Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Nino posted a message about Re: Extreme AI needed... in reply to Re: Extreme AI needed...

> > > > > > Hi

> > > > > > I'm trying to get the computer AI to be way more challenging, and lately I found a bug that sorta does what I want.

> > > > > > When you send an MCV to the Yuri side, and he mindcontrols it, he deploys it as well and builds everything double (including Construction yards) so when you blow something up he builds it as many as he has const. yards. Now I want the AI to start out skirmishes with an extra MCV but not players. Is this possible and how?

> > > > > - The bug you say also happens in TS/FS. As for the extra MCV, create a new MCV that has a high cost, is not buildable, is not crate goodie and starts in multiplayer. I think it may help.

> > > > But non-AI players can have them too. or the AI player wouldn't have it either... Does the AI use a higher value of initial cash then the players do? and why do you think it might help?

> > > > > > I've also been thinking of giving an MCV as a 'freeunit' with some building, but then the players can have them too, and the AI already built most of his structures.

> > > > > > Also, is it possible to let the computer make like 3x the normal amount of defenses, without haveing to edit the AI.ini file??

> > > > > - By defense, you mean defensive building or defensive units? If it's buildings, then you would never need to mess up with ai.ini. Mess with the lines below:

> > > > > AlliedBaseDefenseCounts=25,20,6
> > > > > SovietBaseDefenseCounts=25,22,6

> > > > ok so I should raise the values there... sounds easy

> > > wait 1 question... These are the Allied and Soviet values, I didn't find any ThirdBaseDefenseCounts or anything, does Yuri just take the average or something? And if not, where is his BaseDefenseCount value?

> > Yuri does use the third base value.
> > ThirdBaseDefenseCounts=25,22,6

> Even more info about the AI...
> If you would clone a warfactory just for the computer they would produce two units at once. One for each warfactory.
> The same effect is for the barracks and the airbase.
> One of the AI tags on brutal has them replace their Construction (CY) after it is destroyed. Just change the script so they will build another CY.
> So you could have the AI build an extra warfactory. Then it would build two CY`s at once. Then they would build three times as fast because of each CY in the map.

Right, TibEd doesn't support this value (I guess) and if I edit it manually, I can't edit it with TibEd anymore (cuz tibed recreates the rules??.ini file.

where are these AI tags?

also, Are the teamtype values in the AI.ini the sames as in the original C&C, cuz there you could create map-specific triggers and teamtypes too. I really want to edit them too since I got all these new units

just wondering...

I like Tibed, RA2, Yuri's revenge and applepie!
-----------------------------------------------
The Ra2 YR Mod NTAU is under construction. Be prepared!

Project Entertainment main site

SubjectNameDate
Re: Extreme AI needed...Stinger13:45 13-01-2003
    Re: Extreme AI needed...Banshee04:38 16-01-2003
        Re: Extreme AI needed...Nino12:10 16-01-2003
            Re: Extreme AI needed...Maaggel08:23 17-01-2003
                Re: Extreme AI needed...Stinger09:04 17-01-2003
                    Re: Extreme AI needed...Nino12:27 17-01-2003
                        Re: Extreme AI needed...Banshee03:48 18-01-2003
                            Re: Extreme AI needed...Stinger08:18 18-01-2003
                                Re: Extreme AI needed... | addon threadNino19:14 18-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions