Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Koen van de Sande posted a message about Re: Yuris Revenge in reply to Yuris Revenge

> If you have a mod, and then an expansion comes out, and you want it to work with the expansion, what's the process you have to go through to make it work?
You should look at Yuri's Revenge as a separate game - that gives the best idea.
Your mod for RA2 will continue to work, but it won't be available in Yuri's Revenge.
Yuri's Revenge (I'll call it YR from now on) uses different files: RulesMD.ini, ArtMD.ini, SoundMD.ini. This would mean you'd have to create your mod from scratch... which is not very nice.
There is a way - but I'm not sure if it works. In TibEd beta's, a different file format was used. It only stored the changes - not the Rules.ini/Art.ini etc.
1) Save your mod - make a backup!!!
2) Open your mod in TibEd. Now, go to File->Preferences. Enable the "Use old format" checkbox.
3) Save your mod under a different (!) name.
4) Now you'd have to switch to the Yuri's Revenge editor and open it... but this can't be done because the editor has a different ID. Never mind this, I'll have to make it work somehow. So this step isn't finished yet.
5) If you open it, your changes will be applied. Only problem: Yuri's Revenge units are probably overwritten by your new units which will cause great problems.

I haven't really come up with a solution yet as you can see (you made me think and now I see that it won't work).

Koen van de Sande
Van de Sande Productions
koen@tibed.net

TibEd.net

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions