Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it? in reply to Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it?

> > > > this is mainly to the guy who made tibed.... why do you keep worrying about the size of tibed?

> > > > personaly to me bigger is better... and i see a lot ideas to back that up .

> > > > 2.9mb

> > > > on my 56k it tuck 4 mins

> > > > on my cable it tuck 1 min

> > > > if it bothers you that much why not make a normal version and a pro version...??

> > > > ..... does anyone agree with me here?

> > > Yes, I think it's better to have a new Tibed version although it takes so longer to download it. I have a 56K connection and I have downloaded files bigger than 30 Mb without problems. I think that is better to wait an hour for a download than a year for receive the best editor!
> > >

> > I think he is worried about webspace (there must not be very much left). Other than that I agree.

> Yes, but he can do a partition of the file with software like hacha.
>

I dont think space on the web is the factor. It`s the size of which it is stored on your computer (or koens). I think some files he opens must be large in size to tamper with. For some they may not have the drive space for this. He may also factor if you really need certain sections to edit for the game. Some say they want a AI section but I dont see why since Finalert2 has this if you making a mod map. But you can edit the AI in the iniMD.rules for a true mod. Mark Charters had a very good idea of a voxel testing box. Unless you like to start up the game and build it wasting about 10mins just to see if the image looks good. This is a very good editor in all and im sure any big changes will take some time. But I could be wrong.

-Stinger- “In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.”

SubjectNameDate
Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it?Mark Charters14:36 29-05-2002
    Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it?Watson20:06 01-06-2002
        Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it?Mrpoo15:26 10-06-2002
    Re: SIZE MATTERS or does it?Kevin Ho a.k.a. Xtreme08:46 02-06-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions