Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Nino posted a message about Re: RA2 Superweapons in reply to Re: RA2 Superweapons

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I heard about a new way of making Superweaps for RA2 and in addition to that I want to make my own superweapon. it must be something like this:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It builds it's weapon, and you can launch it repeatedly (like when you build multiple units) so you'll have a missle rain effect

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > or

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I want a superweapon that fires multiple warheads at once like a missle rain thing

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > is this possible? and if it is, can you explain it in a way that I understand it (So far I've 'mostly' used Tibed for this)

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hope you guyz can help me

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Maybe something with a buildings that launches Dread/V3 missile's every so minute with their own damage?

> > > > > > > > > > > > Now there's a usefull Idea... however, as you have probably heard, I've got a little problem with using my own SHPs in RA2 YR.

> > > > > > > > > > > > If anyone knows a good way of importing a SHP (Placing it in a MIX file is not the problem) please let me know, It'll help greatly.

> > > > > > > > > > > So something like a V3Cluster Missile?
> > > > > > > > > > > A Missile which explodes high into the air which launches other missiles to fall above the target.

> > > > > > > > > > Like in TS? I don't know if that's possible in RA2 YR.
> > > > > > > > > > If you have TS you could take a look at the EMP Cannon cause I changed it in making it do damage.

> > > > > > > > > yeah like a cluster missle... I wonder if it can be done, but it must be releasing it's 'clusters' before you can see it. (above the map or something.)

> > > > > > > > Oh right, Stupidguardmode what is that for. I think as a nuke Silo it should be true (so it won't fire on units when thei're in-range wich is always)

> > > > > > > > please let me know If it should or shouldn't (I'm using a modified V3rocket as weapon for now...)

> > > > > > > This is going to be a long...
> > > > > > > Now heres a list of a weapon which is in the game but not in use. Now you can go ahead and change whatever stats to suit your needs.

> > > > > > > ;Units Primary Weapon
> > > > > > > [MultiLauncher]
> > > > > > > Damage=50
> > > > > > > ROF=100
> > > > > > > Range=15
> > > > > > > Projectile=MultiLauncherMissile
> > > > > > > Speed=35
> > > > > > > Warhead=AP; for big boom use NukeMaker

> > > > > > > ;Projectile info
> > > > > > > [MultiLauncherMissile]
> > > > > > > Arm=2
> > > > > > > High=yes
> > > > > > > VeryHigh=yes
> > > > > > > Proximity=yes
> > > > > > > Cluster=4
> > > > > > > Ranged=yes
> > > > > > > AA=no
> > > > > > > Image=MISLMLTI
> > > > > > > ROT=4
> > > > > > > Color=DarkGreen
> > > > > > > Airburst=yes
> > > > > > > AirburstWeapon=V3Cluster

> > > > > > > ;MultiMissile Cluster Missiles; in the game but not used
> > > > > > > [V3Cluster]
> > > > > > > Damage=50
> > > > > > > ROF=50
> > > > > > > Projectile=ClusterBits
> > > > > > > Range=6
> > > > > > > Speed=20
> > > > > > > Warhead=AP; for big boom use NukeMaker

> > > > > > > ;Projectile info
> > > > > > > [ClusterBits]
> > > > > > > Arm=2
> > > > > > > Shadow=no
> > > > > > > Proximity=yes
> > > > > > > Ranged=yes
> > > > > > > Image=DRAGON
> > > > > > > ROT=60

> > > > > > > Now if you want to change the anim. just go to the warhead and add what ever you want.
> > > > > > > If you want the clusters to fall more away from the center of the target. Increase their range and/or slow the speed they travel.

> > > > > > > Stupidguardmode... if I remember right is for buildings with out a primary weapon. For some reason buildings like the power plant and weapons factory need to be set to true/yes. They need this because they are just plain buildings that just sit there and look pretty. But buildings like the coil and sentry gun dont need it because they have a weapon to target for them or they have another funtion like the airport or depot. It had something to do with the AI.
> > > > > > > I while back I really did know what its funtion was for... my memory might come back.

> > > > > > heh, ok so I got a prob now, be4 I'm gonna check the weapon itself (I fixed me up a temporary weapon, copyed from the Maverick) I got this problem, if you don't select a target it will fire at the closest target in the field. Now I don't want it to do that, I want it to fire ONLY when a target is selected. Is this possible? And how?

> > > > > two tags I can think of that can fix the problem

> > > > > CanRetaliate=no; wont fire back when attacked
> > > > > CanPassiveAquire=no ;wont pick up targets

> > > > And it'll most likely need a cursor for the target.

> > > Hmm good idea, the cursor. Question: HOW and WHAT??? I don't think there's a value (I looked it isn't) called showattackcursor=PrimATT or something. Where can you change the cursor?

> > > btw, I found out that if you set the range of a weapon to 200 it will be able to reach everything! (no matter how big the map is) and that a ROF of 9000 will wait 10 minutes (RA minutes ) wich is usefull for my 'superweapon' I also did the showtoall value, but I'm also looking for the timer. How can you show up a timer that indicates when the weapon fires. (Or a way to simulate this?) if it's possible with a weapon that's not a superweap.

> > c'mon ppl wake up and smell the gunpowder!

> Maybe adding it in the manual and put SowTimer=yes could help cause in this way ypu can make stuff happen such as cars being crushable...

ok put showtimer=yes in the structure's manual or the weapon's?? and I didn't get the other part.

Is it possible to make a structure that every so-many seconds creates like 5 engineers at any chosen location??

I like Tibed, RA2, Yuri's revenge and applepie!
-----------------------------------------------
The Ra2 YR Mod NTAU is under construction. Be prepared!

Project Entertainment main site

SubjectNameDate
Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino10:17 08-01-2003
    Re: RA2 SuperweaponsThierry17:15 08-01-2003
        Re: RA2 SuperweaponsStinger07:51 09-01-2003

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions