Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
jack of clubs cncu posted a message about Re: Cameo Problems in reply to Re: Cameo Problems

> > > > > > > Hi,

> > > > > > > I am having TibEd problems and some others. I'll list TibEd ones first. (1)In artmd.ini when I copy a building using TibEd and I exit TibEd, when I go back in TibEd that building entry is gone. I have tested it and it is still in artMD.ini if I save the mod (not to game) but it is not listed in TibEd. Does anyone know why?
> > > > These lists are generated dynamically by TibEd from the entries actually used by buildings (because there is no such list in any of the ini's). If you do not use your entry before saving, it will disappear from the list (but it's still in the file).
> > > > >(2)I get it in artmd.ini but TibEd puts my new building at the very, very bottom of artmd.ini and I don't think it goes there.
> > > > Bottom placement should be alright...
> > > > > (3)Where do I put cameomd.mix? I know TibEd doesn't do it right cause in-game my cameo doesn't work. I'll explain. I make the new artmd.ini entry with TibEd, change the cameo:GAGATE line to cameo:YGATEICON , put ygateicon.shp (my icon) in cameomd.ini (I extract it with XCC Mixer and put my icon in with XCC Mix Editor), I put cameomd.ini in the file bag, save it and I'm done. It just doesn't work for some reason. Can anyone help me?
> > > > CameoMD.ini? what file is that?
> > > > If you drag the ygateicon.shp into the TibEd section tree/FileBag, it will be automatically placed inside the correct MIX file (ECACHE or EXPAND, can't remember right now). The cameo(md).mix thing you're trying to do should not be needed.
> > > > > > Maybe you should use cameo.mix?

> > > > > I'll try that. Thanks. Do you or anyone else know anything about the garasoning problem?
> > > > No. Could you specify again?
> > > > > Thanks again

> > > Got it, got it, got it, oops meant it to be CameoMD.mix, thx and when I try to make the guard shack garasonable by two guys (haven't tested on diffrent numbers) they can go in but they can't fire out. I hope that is a good enough explanation.

> > > Thank You ,

> > Certain buildings won't fire the garrison weapon, as they have no art.ini entry for the fire animation err location. hey thatrs rhymes, anyway, tyou have to set the pip scale to passengers, and also, try setting the primary weapon to alliedoccupy, and the secondary to soviet occupy. it should work then, but you might have to change the weapons(say, have it fire a ifv machine gun for prim and sec)

> > hope this helps
> > jack of clubs
> > techwar, ra2net, cncu

> Shure does (or I hope it does) ! I might just give it a wepon w/o people in it like you said! Mabe I'll give it the mayan prisim cannon!

> Thank You,

ok i wasn't clear, in order for the non people inside weapon to work, you must make the uilding unoccupiable, and then you should make it click repairable. Any weapon you set as the primary for occupied will be the for any allied gis that go in, and vice versa for secondary. making a buildingh have a weapon could make it not look right, by having it fire from say the bottom of a tower. try makeing the water tower garrsionable, itm looks different. (note: when you garrsion a buuilding that has no garrsion art[ie, boared up windows, sandbags] the game sets the garrison art as it 50 % damage art, where it is heavily damaged, but it is not damaged and or on fire. This might clarify what im saying.

Jack of Clubs
CNCU, RA2net, TechWar

SubjectNameDate
Re: Cameo ProblemsHyperjag303:50 18-11-2001

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions