Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
GI260 posted a message about Re: TibEd for Generals in reply to Re: TibEd for Generals

> > I know you guys are probably sick of this question but I am so desperate to edit Generals please can you tell me when it will be released!

> If you're so desperate, edit it by hand.

You can also go to http://www.wagnerma.de/ and download FinalBig. Its a program specially designed to edit C&CG's .BIG files. (no instructions are included so here is a brief overview You extract Final BIG to your C&CG dir, then you open INI or any other file you wish, click on a file, read about whats in it, and extract it to the folder you wish (it makes no difference where you put it, it all turns out the same in the end). Then (if the file is editable, like FactionUnit.INI, some others aren't like the music files, but then again you can extract them and listen to them) you edit the values to your liking. Then (this is the tricky part), go to Edit under the menu bar, click add file. Now specify the file you want to add. It will then take you to an address bar. Type in the name of the file exactly like the original! Example: if its faction unit type Data\INI\Object\FactionUnit.ini
For almost all other files it is Data\INI\and then the name of the file.ini

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions