Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: EM Pulse in reply to Re: EM Pulse

> > > > > > > > Hi!

> > > > > > > > How can I create a weapon that causes the EM Pulse effect: paralyzes the vehicle some time (15 seconds), and the armor goes intact?

> > > > > > > > Thank you!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Go to the warhead page and set EMPulse=Yes

> > > > > > I refer to Yuri's Revenge, it doesn't do nothing

> > > > > > Thank you!

> > > > > >

> > > > > Oh... I don't know much about YR maybe Stinger or Raptor can help

> > > > Thank you anyway, but can anyone help me please?

> > > > Thank you!

> > > >

> > > I suppose you should have a goood old look at the terror drones look at their weapon and change the range of it then create a new unit like the v3 launcher and change the weapon to the terror drone one witha greater range
> > > Hope it works man

> > The EMPulse=Yes tag will not work for RA2/YR. There are many ways to simulate how. Yes, messing with the warhead will pretty much gain an effect.
> > Create a weapon for the EMP. Set the range, anim, and a long ROF for its firing rate. You can set the damage to 1 since we dont want to erase a unit and we dont want to flip the unit over destroying it (see below for reasons)
> > For RA2 the warhead created was a weak chrono beam (Temporal=yes) which makes the unit impartial to attacks. And since YR has added a couple of things there is a tag DirectRocker=yes (High damage will flip the target over, hence destroying it) which will immobilize the unit so even a lone infantry unit can walk up to the enemy tank and destroy it. For each of these the warhead should be Verses=0%,0%,0%,2%,2%,2%,0%,0%,0%,2%,2% so it doesnt effect infantry or buildings (since it wont work on them anyway).
> > As to other effects like powering down, no radar, etc., that a real EMP would do your limited. You could use the floating yuri`s disks weapon to "power down" the building. Or set the armor of buildings so that certain weapons can target it. Heck you could try messing with the spy infiltrate skills for a weapon. But again your limited with what you can do.
> > Hope I confused you in trying to explaining this.

> I'm not sure but I think that there is also a Paralyze tag in the warhead section maybe that could help?

It could but it is for units that attach to other units. Such as the terror drone and attack dog. Once they become part of the unit then it will be paralyzed. If I remember this right.

“Those who would alter reality must first escape it.”
-Stinger-

XCC Utilities Site... Click Here!

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions