Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: Unit Production in reply to Unit Production

> Is it possible to let unit's take power(say..... -5?) but still function without it cause sometimes I can build a million tanks and still have a lot of funds left.

> Oh and Stinger I got some stuff for the upgrades.

> For the Building to give and Research the Upgrades the Battle Lab would be OK.
> For the Amout that's added and the sound to go with it I can use the stuff that you get in the crates.
> Further on for the Icon to click on I could use the Tank(s) Icon(s) of the tank that I want to give the Upgrade.

> All that's left is how to put in the Game.
> Got any Idea's????????????

You could give anyunit power. But since they are not considered a real building they wont.

Now without going into alot of coding. You could use the add-on feature for the BattleLab. You could make a extra building that would say increase the armor of all tanks.
You would have to add to the battlelab stats Upgrades=1.
Then make our armorupgrade building with the stats of
PowersUpBuilding=GATECH
PowersUpToLevel=1
ArmorUnitsMult=1.25
Now once you build the addon place it over the battlelab and build ontop of it.
Now the only down side to this is the current units wont have the armor increase. But any tanks you build afterwards will.
If you wanted you could change the Anim to the battlelab by adding one when its upgraded like this.

This is something I`ve been picking at for some time. And it works wonders.

Now there are other ways to go about this that would effect all the units in the map. And thats way to much coding for me... or at least I dont know where to start on that.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

SubjectNameDate
Re: Unit ProductionThierry09:18 26-12-2002

© 1999-2023 Van de Sande Productions