Archived Support Forum: View Post
Index | Ladder
Stinger posted a message about Re: RA2 Superweapons in reply to Re: RA2 Superweapons

> > > > > > > I heard about a new way of making Superweaps for RA2 and in addition to that I want to make my own superweapon. it must be something like this:

> > > > > > > It builds it's weapon, and you can launch it repeatedly (like when you build multiple units) so you'll have a missle rain effect

> > > > > > > or

> > > > > > > I want a superweapon that fires multiple warheads at once like a missle rain thing

> > > > > > > is this possible? and if it is, can you explain it in a way that I understand it (So far I've 'mostly' used Tibed for this)

> > > > > > > Hope you guyz can help me

> > > > > > Maybe something with a buildings that launches Dread/V3 missile's every so minute with their own damage?

> > > > > Now there's a usefull Idea... however, as you have probably heard, I've got a little problem with using my own SHPs in RA2 YR.

> > > > > If anyone knows a good way of importing a SHP (Placing it in a MIX file is not the problem) please let me know, It'll help greatly.

> > > > So something like a V3Cluster Missile?
> > > > A Missile which explodes high into the air which launches other missiles to fall above the target.

> > > Like in TS? I don't know if that's possible in RA2 YR.
> > > If you have TS you could take a look at the EMP Cannon cause I changed it in making it do damage.

> > yeah like a cluster missle... I wonder if it can be done, but it must be releasing it's 'clusters' before you can see it. (above the map or something.)

> Oh right, Stupidguardmode what is that for. I think as a nuke Silo it should be true (so it won't fire on units when thei're in-range wich is always)

> please let me know If it should or shouldn't (I'm using a modified V3rocket as weapon for now...)

This is going to be a long...
Now heres a list of a weapon which is in the game but not in use. Now you can go ahead and change whatever stats to suit your needs.

;Units Primary Weapon
[MultiLauncher]
Damage=50
ROF=100
Range=15
Projectile=MultiLauncherMissile
Speed=35
Warhead=AP; for big boom use NukeMaker

;Projectile info
[MultiLauncherMissile]
Arm=2
High=yes
VeryHigh=yes
Proximity=yes
Cluster=4
Ranged=yes
AA=no
Image=MISLMLTI
ROT=4
Color=DarkGreen
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=V3Cluster

;MultiMissile Cluster Missiles; in the game but not used
[V3Cluster]
Damage=50
ROF=50
Projectile=ClusterBits
Range=6
Speed=20
Warhead=AP; for big boom use NukeMaker

;Projectile info
[ClusterBits]
Arm=2
Shadow=no
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
Image=DRAGON
ROT=60

Now if you want to change the anim. just go to the warhead and add what ever you want.
If you want the clusters to fall more away from the center of the target. Increase their range and/or slow the speed they travel.

Stupidguardmode... if I remember right is for buildings with out a primary weapon. For some reason buildings like the power plant and weapons factory need to be set to true/yes. They need this because they are just plain buildings that just sit there and look pretty. But buildings like the coil and sentry gun dont need it because they have a weapon to target for them or they have another funtion like the airport or depot. It had something to do with the AI.
I while back I really did know what its funtion was for... my memory might come back.

“In the thick of battle, you must keep your wits about you. Yelling a lot helps, too.” -Stinger-

Like Fireworks? Click Here!

SubjectNameDate
Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino22:31 04-01-2003
    Re: RA2 SuperweaponsStinger01:20 05-01-2003
        Re: RA2 SuperweaponsThierry10:53 05-01-2003
            Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino11:52 05-01-2003
                Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino18:24 06-01-2003
                    Re: RA2 SuperweaponsThierry15:25 07-01-2003
                        Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino18:13 07-01-2003
                            Re: RA2 SuperweaponsNino10:17 08-01-2003
                                Re: RA2 SuperweaponsThierry17:15 08-01-2003
                                    Re: RA2 SuperweaponsStinger07:51 09-01-2003